Colorfull Koprivshtitsa and Ancient Plovdiv
Час и място на тръгване
Join us in this trip to two of the must see places in Bulgaria – the colorful town of Koprivshtitsa and the city of Plovdiv.
Koprivshtitsa is one of the most characteristic Bulgarian towns, still preserving the atmosphere of the Bulgarian National Revival period of the 19th century. Huddled in the mountain-folds, 111 km east of Sofia, it boasts many architectural monuments from the period, most of which have been restored to their original appearance. Collections of ethnographical treasures, old weapons, National Revival works of art, fine fretwork, household weaves and embroidery, national costumes and typical Bulgarian jewelry were also preserved here.
Koprivshtitsa was one of the centers of the April uprising in 1876 and is known for its authentic Bulgarian architecture and for its folk music festivals, making it a very popular tourist destination. It is also a home town of many important figures from Bulgarian history such as Todor Kableshkov and Georgi Benkovski – Bulgarian revolutionaries and leading figures in the fight against the Ottoman Empire.
Plovdiv, on the other hand, is a big modern city with an ancient heart. There is evidence of habitation in Plovdiv dating back to the 6th millennium BCE, when the first Neolithic settlements were established. It has been considered to be one of the oldest cities in the world. Its very central part keeps the treasures of old civilizations. Here you can see Roman ruins, old Bulgarian architecture and learn a lot about Thracians who first settled there. We will enjoy the unique blend of old and new, visiting the Old Town and one of the most popular social and cultural quarters – Kapana.
Inspired to take on this trip? Check the itinerary below and register now!
- 08:00, meeting in front of National Stadium Vasil Levski (parking lot at the main entrance).
- Transfer to Koprivshtitsa.
- Guided tour of the town. We will explore the colorful streets of Koprivshtitsa, we will dive into the rich history and traditions of this place and we will enjoy the unique blend of old and new that fills up everything in this special tiny town.
- Lunch break.
- Transfer to Plovdiv.
- Guided tour of the Old Town. We will visit the Ancient Roman Theatre and will explore the characteristic architecture of this area, enjoying the artistic atmosphere of the cobbled streets. On our return to the city center, we will stop by the ancient Roman ruins.
- A walk in the popular quarter Kapana. This is a very nice social and modern culture place with many coffee shops, restaurants, bars and hand-made art shops.
- 17:00, transfer to Sofia.
- 19:00, arrive in Sofia at National stadium Vasil Levski.
Price per Person
One Person: 150 EUR
Group of Two: 70 EUR
Group of Three: 50 EUR
Group of Four and above: 40 EUR
The price includes: transportation, tour guide, entrance fees, insurance.
The price does not include: food and drinks.
Your tour guide: Maria Dimitrova
Maria is a passionate mountaineer who graduated tourism with focus on Adventure Tourism. Experienced and open-minded, she will make the most out of your trip, enriching it with a blend of personal, cultural and adventure taste.
Clothing & Equipment
Comfortable shoes (preferably mountain shoes; sneakers)
T-shirt (short sleeved or long sleeved, depending on the weather)
Hat and sunglasses
Bottle of water (1 L)
Some snacks (oat bars, chocolate, dried fruits, nuts etc.)