Adventures Near Sofia: Mountain Biking in Vitosha with an e-Bike, Chuypetlovo Area
Час и място на тръгване
Are you looking for an outdoor adventure during your stay in Sofia? You have just found it. Join us for a one-day biking trip in Vitosha Mountain, less than an hour drive from downtown. Equiped with great electrical mountain bikes, we will go through beautiful areas of Vitosha, fulfilling both our needs for nature and adrenaline. Interested? Read the itinerary below for details and get that adventure started!
- We meet in front of Alexander Nevski Cathedral and we head towards the town of Pernik, only 30 km. from Sofia.
- We arrive in the village of Kladnitsa. This is where our adventure begins.
- We jump on our e-mountain bikes and we head towards the village of Bosnek. Our route takes us through picturesque paths and roads near the cost of Studena Dam. We take a break in Bosnek and then we continue to the entrance of the longest cave in Bulgaria - Duhlata (Wind’s Breath Cave). It is long 18 km. and deep 53 m. It is a complex cave system, with six levels and many entrances. The name of the cave comes from the sound that the wind makes when it blows through it. There are 22 animal species living in the cave, including 6 species of bat. The cave was declared a natural landmark. To prevent the destruction of the rare and fragile forms in it, the cave entrance is locked.
- We continue on our way to the village of Chuypetlovo (literally meaning: hear the rooster). We stop for another break and then we head towards the fountain Mecha Cheshma. From that point we start our descend to the village of Kladnitsa.
- Our transportation is waiting for us to bring us back in Sofia. Once there, it is time to say "Goodbye".
Level of difficulty:
- The trail consists of paths and off roads. There are few steep ascends and descents.
Price per Person
Guiding fee and mountain insurance:
One Person: 150 EUR
Group of Two: 90 EUR
Group of Three: 70 EUR
Group of Four and above: 50 EUR
Aditional prices per Person
Transportation: 10 EUR
Level of experience: Beginners, Intermediate
Fitness Level: Fit
Equipment: Participants should bring the following items with them: hiking boots, rucksack, water and windproof jacket, rain cover, sun hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, water bottle (1.5L), personal first aid kit.
Your Mountain Guide
Borislav Dimitrov is an experienced certified mountain guide and chairman of Go-Go- Adventures – association for alternative and adventure tourism. He is passionate mountaineer and would literary go miles to find the best adventure treks for you. Safety always comes first for Bobi, so you should feel assured that your trip will be handled with care and professionalism in order to have the best hiking experience possible.